Monday, March 23, 2015

My baby

Dearest Nora,

Mommy is having a rough day, I don't want you to stop being my baby and I feel like 2 is really going to change that.  You love to be my baby too though so I hope that keeps you wanting your cuddles (you ask "baby" when I sing to you at night because you want me to rock you like a baby).


  • You are the best cuddler; everyone loves your cuddles.  You can feel your love for us in the way you hold us tightly and you ask to be cuddled so much.  You say "I love you Mommy" and "I love you Daddy" unprompted and often.  A few weeks before you turned 2, after a random day where you didn't take a nap, you were extra tired at night.  You let me hold you and rock you to sleep while singing.  Watching those eyes bob until they closed and seeing your beautiful peaceful face was one of my favorite moments of life.  I didn't think I would ever rock you to sleep again and it was a perfect moment with my sweet, sweet baby.  
  • You are still our little monster and we wouldn't have it any other way but I do see you mellowing some too.  You are understanding a little more that you can't do some things but you also still choose to do them and you put yourself in time out before we can.  You have a hair pulling problem with your sister and a pushing problem with your cousin Graham, haha.  You like to test us and give us a "whatcha gonna do about it" face.  Daddy and I have SUCH a hard time saying no to you because your faces are so expressive and adorable.  You LOVE to blame others and it is so funny I have to bite my tongue not to laugh when I know you are lying "Ba Ba did it!" "Nammy did it"
  • You have your daddy wrapped around your finger.  You are two of a kind, little mischievous kids.  You both make each other laugh and smile like crazy and it is adorable to watch.  
  • I love to see your learning.  You are learning and doing and saying new things at rapid speed.  Your speech has improved remarkably and you can mostly tell us what you want/need and we will understand.  Your words are not entirely clear but you make an effort to repeat anything we ask.  You are finally knowing colors, shapes, numbers and TONS of animal sounds.  I shouldn't say "finally learning" actually, I have no doubt you've known them for some time.  I should actually say "finally willing to express them to me."  You still resist if you can tell I am trying to get you to do anything specific.  All on your own time.  You sing "Rock-a-bye Baby" so cute and a little version of the "ABCs."  You "count" to ten "un, too, free, ive, sevineighnighten"  You love blue and yellow the best as colors but will once in a while say other ones too.  
  • You have finally taken an interest in reading and ask to be read to.  We are so happy about this as we love reading with you.  You still prefer books where you can move pieces but we have learned how to have you interact and we ask you questions to keep you interested.  
  • You are slightly more interested in TV but still don't really sit for long.  You will maybe watch 10 minutes of a show.  You ask for Elmo but don't like to sit long at all for Sesame Street.  You actually sit longest for Paw Patrol (dogs) or Blaze (monster trucks) and you ask for Sophia a lot.  
  • You want to be a big girl SO bad.  You do not want a diaper on and we have a hard time keeping them on you, finding you naked often.  You want to do things yourself including dressing and buckling your seat belt.  "I do dat, I do dat, I do dat!!!" before  and "I DID IT!!!" after.  Anything Blair does you want to do the same thing.  We plan to potty train you soon, we think your stubbornness will be really "fun" for this *wink wink*  You want to help with everything which is SO adorable.  You are actually really helpful too, you love to carry things in from the store and you want to finish the job, if we try to take the bag you will not have that.
  • You don't like to be dirty.  This keeps you from really liking painting or playing in the mud. I am hoping you get over this before camping. You also HAVE to have your nose wiped whenever you sneeze, even when not actually needed "WIPE!!!" It is so funny for your personality because you are such a go-getter and bruiser!
  • You are 35.5 inches tall, sleep from about 8:30pm-7am at night and take a 2-3 hour nap (although this is becoming less very quickly).  We have no plans to move you to a big girl bed anytime soon as we love your sleeping.  
  • You love food, water (seriously, you really get upset if you want a drink and don't get it quickly), babies, sesame street characters... really any little figurines actually, your sister, anything your sister is doing, Chuck E Cheese, going to the park, trying new things, and being a big girl!
  • Words we love from you:
    • Ba Ba- Blair
    • Nammy- Graham
    • Diapy- Diaper
    • Dingaling- Door
    • Nammies: Pajamas
    • Poo-Koo: PooPoo 
    • Really anything ending in -er you say ending in -ie so Water=watie... Stroller=Strollie... it is all so cute
You are an independent, smart, hilarious, stubborn, beautiful, sweet little girl.  I remember 2 years ago putting Blair to sleep one night and thinking I couldn't love another child like I did her and then boom!  There you were so quickly that SAME night and you changed our lives so much.  You bring our family such joy like I never imagined and although I can't explain it you just changed Mommy and gave me new joy in watching a baby grow up and my heart exploded with love for you and our family.  I know you have so much more to show us and we can't wait! 

 I love you seems not enough my Nora June,

Your Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment