Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nesting time

I have been off work for almost 2 weeks now (wow that sounds like a lot) and I have actually kept pretty busy... probably too busy.  My mom said yesterday, "geez, you can't keep a girl down!"  I just get really bored on the couch so I can't help myself!

Last week I would have been off pregnant or not for Thanksgiving break.  We cleaned out all of the cabinets in the kitchen (so exciting for Jason) and made a huge life decision to go from two junk drawers down to one... I know!  Our life is full of drama isn't it!  But seriously, I love the clean and organized cabinets and we really did need to get rid of some stuff to make room for baby stuff in the kitchen.  We deep cleaned the upstairs as well (still haven't gotten to the downstairs).  We also had some appointments with solar companies because we figured, "we aren't really busy and don't really have anything coming up so right NOW would be a great time to look into some home construction!" 

Thanksgiving was amazing!  You can never go wrong with food and Mom and Dad's but they outdid themselves this year, I thought I was going to be sick!  There was a new mashed potato recipe (heaven!), strawberry pretzel salad (the best!) and the best snicker doodles ever for dessert PLUS red velvet cake.  I am drooling just thinking about it again.  Unfortunately my grandma couldn't make it because she got sick the day before and didn't want to infect all of us so close to baby D day.  We missed having her but appreciate her thought. 

I went Black Friday shopping on Friday at 2 am with the sisters.  That is right, 38 weeks pregnant and there I was.  I got a lot of shocking stares and "Oh my!" from everyone.  Evidently people think pregnancy makes you deaf because they will literally talk about you as you are walking by like I don't know.  Jason calls me his "piece of meat" and laughs at how obvious people are when staring at you.  I don't mind people looking, I always look at pregnant ladies, but I am really sick of talking about it with strangers.  You can only have the, "wow, you are going to pop anytime" me: "yep" conversation so many times before I am going to give the answer, "WHAT!  I'm pregnant!  I thought I had just swallowed a watermelon seed like grandma told me not to!  Are you saying my belly is literally going to pop open at any time... will I survive?"  or "Wow you are so astute, I just thought this pain in every joint of my body was from all the clubbing I did last night, what I shouldn't be drinking?"  I might be getting cranky :)

On  Saturday we went to the fire station to get our car seat inspected.  About 10 minutes into the process there was a call on the intercom and he said, "do you live around here because we are going to have to ask you to come back, we have to go." Off he went leaving us to open up the big fire doors (we got to drive the car into one of the engine bays) and then close up while they drove off.  It was kind of funny but no big deal so Jason went back later when they returned and we are all safely installed.

We have slowly been getting all the Christmas decor up over the last few days and it looks great around here now.  I did cut down from 5 trees to just 3 this year to make cleanup easier and we didn't put the lights on the top tier of the house since that usually requires Jason lifting me to the top roof and me army crawling over to the corner to finish them up.  Somehow we didn't think that was going to work out so well.  I love Christmas time so much and am so excited to have the baby at this time of year (even though she will probably always hate sharing her birthday).  I have so many plans for Christmas newborn pictures, I might do a photo shoot everyday...

I have all my Christmas shopping done so I just need to wrap them up.  Today's plans are to rest (the doctor told me to take it easy so I am going to *try* to do that today) so Lifetime movie marathon is coming up (keepin' it classy).

On the uterine update, I had no progress as of Monday and my Blood Pressure is still high.  I had to start some medication and take it easy but it doesn't look like she is coming out anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just laughed so hard at the pregnant makes you deaf part remembering all the looks that day!! I thought you were gonna go postal!

    Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a good thing I didn't go shopping with you guys! Momma bears claws come out when someone is bothering my cubs! Besides I would have just worried about you and ruined all the fun! Besides now that I think about it, I guess I wasn't invited...hrrrmmm

    ReplyDelete