Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream

I kept seeing people post on Facebook about going to see Disney on Ice.  I didn't even know it was in town but I started to wonder if Blair would like it or if she was too young.  Mimi and Daddy thought she would like it so I got us tickets for a girls day with Mimi and Auntie Janae (a big princess lover!)

We left pretty early in the day as we wanted to go to a baby store for some shopping.  We ended up not finishing but had to rush off for lunch.  Blair requested pizza and it was her day so pizza it was!


We arrived a bit late but Blair was immediately interested in going in.  We wanted to stop for some pictures of our little Cinderella.  I also got her a Cinderella light as I wasn't sure if she would be afraid of the dark or not and figured it would be fun to have in the show.





Blair sat on Mimi's lap since Mommy's doesn't have much room!  I mostly just watched her face the whole time to see what she thought.  She was definitely in a trance but she must have liked it because she never squirmed or complained.  She cracked a few smiles here and there but mostly just had the same blank judgey stare.  She did enjoy her Cinderella light a lot!




At intermission she went on a walk with Auntie Janae.  Just as I told Mimi that Blair didn't need the Cinderella doll we turn around and there is Blair walking down the stairs with it, so spoiled!  Janae got a snow cone in a Cinderella cup so Blair got that too!


The intermission was in the middle of the Cinderella act and Blair said, "again" as soon as it stopped.  She was happy to have it start up again.  She kept asking to go dance with them and was not happy that she couldn't go down on the ice!  She snuggled with Auntie Janae and little with Mommy too when she got scared.



We tried to get a girls picture at the end but Blair looks like she is a tortured child and refused to look up!



 She enjoyed just hanging out after the show while people cleared out.


When we got outside she asked to go in the grass area.  She just took off running around like crazy and holding her dress up!  It was very cute!


Did I mention that Mimi got her a coloring book too!  This girl got FOUR souvenirs; I feel like this is a bad precedent to start!


We had such a fun time and I just love my little princess!  Thank you Mimi and Auntie for a fun day!

We ended up driving back to the baby store to finish up so with all the driving, stimulation and a skipped nap, we had a very tired and cranky girl to take home!  She even fell asleep in the car on the way home around 5:30!



1 comment:

  1. Such a great time and a very special day! Thanks for letting us share it! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete