Miss Blair you are such a special girl! You were so excited for your birthday this year because you just want to be bigger so badly (so you can go back to Disneyland and ride more rides). I was thinking it would be hard to start saying you are 3 because you SO enjoyed correcting people who said you were 2 with ("No two and a HALF") but you didn't bat an eye and are SO proud to say you are a big 3 year old girl. I cannot believe 3 years have flown by so quickly. While I love every new stage with you and all that you learn each day, I can't help but be so sad to see my little baby girl being so mature and sometimes I just want to put you back in the rocker at night (which you would probably let me!).
- You are SO funny and you totally get how to make a joke now. Well I shouldn't say totally because often they don't really make sense but it is just ridiculously cute to see you say something just to make us laugh and you get a little smirk on your face and then you can't hold it in any longer and say, "I was just KIDDING!" Daddy has done a really good job and giving you the most adorable sense of humor!
- You are a girly girl like I cannot believe. It is all princess dresses when we are at home and when we are leaving the house you run to the closet to pick out your shoes, jewelry, and bow. You refuse to leave the house without them on. You love to wear Mommy's shoes so when I get home from work you ask me to take them off and you run around in the "glass slippers." Dressing you is difficult because you now definitely know what you like and it is DRESSES! Getting you to wear pants is a negotiation. When we go to Target you ask "Mom can we get a new dress and shoes?" We are in trouble in the coming years! I am sorry I gave you a shopping problem already. There are tears if you don't have a nightgown to wear at night because princesses don't wear pants to bed after all! Luckily you are fine with leggings under your dresses and even pants under the nightgown.
- You are an amazing listener. You follow rules really well most of the time and you help with chores (like picking up toys and putting away clothes) when asked. It is so nice that you follow directions and listen to us and we probably don't give you enough credit because its much better than a typical 3 year old.
- You are a sassy little thing but also so sweet; I love the little combination! You have such a little attitude about some things and then the next minute you want to snuggle (you love to snuggle!) and you give random kisses and hugs. You actually cry if someone leaves without a proper kiss and hug! You will use such sweet words telling people you love them, they are beautiful, and you missed them. Your compliments light up my day "mom I love your hair" and your goodnight kisses make my night!
- You have wonderful manners and it is just so adorable when you use them unprompted, it makes me so proud!
- You are a little stubborn so you don't particularly like to do "learning" with me so we stalled out a bit on your letters and numbers. You can count to 13 and identify to 10 digits. You know your capital letters most of the time and a few lower case. You have no interest in learning more or learning the sounds so I figured you will learn it in preschool!
- You love TV and movies, particularly princess stuff. Your favorite shows are "Sophia the First" and "Micky Mouse Clubhouse." You like the movie "Peter Pan" in addition to your princess movies. You also love to play games on the phones, ipad, and your new leappad.
- You love anything to do with princesses, dress up, games, movies, pretend play... ALL.THE.TIME!
- You are really enjoying games and crafts which are my favorite things to do with you. You are learning to be a better loser and a more gracious winner at games. You often ask all on your own if we can do a craft and I just LOVE that. You can draw a circle and a person now and it is the cutest thing!
- You will still stop anything for a book, EVEN a TV show! If I read to Nora during a show or you are busy doing anything you can not help yourself but want to listen. It is so wonderful and I hope you always love to read.
I just cannot say how much I love you and think the world of you. I wish you could know how special you are to so many people and how much mommy and daddy love you, are proud of you, and adore being with you. Happy birthday my 3 year old bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment