Thursday, February 18, 2016

Nora the mule

Nora does what Nora wants.  She has SUCH great persistence when it is something she wants to do.  I am so impressed with how she will try something over and over again.  With her new workbook from Mimi and Papa she actually worked with me for 10-15 minutes one night and I was able to get her to trace a circle!  
 I decided that I was going to make her to a learning activity... she would match clothespins to this wheel.  I only did 11 as to not overwhelm her.  She didn't even need to say the letters, just match.  Well she didn't want to and I wasn't going to let her go play until she did... she sat there for TWO HOURS!  I couldn't believe it!  She totally knew how to do it but just wouldn't.

Since she is so obsessed with babies I decided to see if she would learn to draw a baby and SHE DID!  with me saying "draw a circle, now eyes, now mouth, now legs, now arms" she just whipped out a baby picture and then a picture of our family!  She had only really ever attempted a circle before and then this... just shows how it has to be something she wants to do.  I also printed out some coloring pages of babies and she loved coloring those, this is the most coloring she has ever

We are making progress but it has to be on her terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment