There were only two other girls in the class and both were around 18 months and not new to lessons so they definitely did a lot more then Blair but overall she seemed to really enjoy herself.
We started off sitting on the step to teach the kids that they must be invited into the pool.
We started by singing songs while traveling in a circle.

Next we did swizzles (swaying side to side) across the pool in laps. At the end of every lap they practice either holding onto the wall or sitting on the step to teach them safe places to go to in the pool.

Then we kicked...
Then we practiced swimming with our arms

Everyone got to be their favorite animal and dance with Teacher Melanie in the center... Blair was a giraffe!

Then she enjoyed swimming back to me

"hey thanks lady, that was fun!"

practiced floating on our back...



They learned how to climb out of the pool and then Blair tried to crawl off to the other kids.



learning to "caterpillar" along the wall

seal slide into the pool


We ended the lesson on our "horses" singing "Sally the Camel"

Since Blair was so happy the whole time, the teacher wanted to go ahead and try having Blair go under the water. This was something I was REALLY nervous about and was hoping Jason would have to do but I didn't want to be a wimp in front of her so I held back the tears (no seriously, I almost cried) and dunked her. She did great! She didn't cry or anything but she did swallow a lot of water so Melanie said not to do it often but until she gets the hang of it.


I had her all sunscreened up and in her SPF bathing suit. Luckily I hadn't put her hat on her yet because I would have looked really silly since the whole pool is covered, haha. I guess next time she can wear one of her cute suits. Silly mommy...




She looks like she is having so much fun! I love that she is so comfortable and confident in the water. She's going to swim like a little fish! :)
ReplyDelete