Thursday, March 15, 2012

Always give them a few weeks

There is a new restaurant in Lincoln that is both Sushi and Teppanyaki.  We have been very excited about it and so on a Friday night, the grand opening, I mentioned that maybe we should walk in the wagon there and have some appetizers and drinks to test it out.  I figured that if we went early we could get in where as it would be crazy later.  We we packed Blair in and didn't really bring much as it was just going to be "a quick bite."

We arrived and parked out wagon out front hoping it would still be there when we got back!  I walked in to one of my students as the hostess and not.a.single.other.customer!  So we started to feel pretty awkward about just getting a quick bite and decided to go ahead and get dinner, after all, it would be fun to watch the chefs on the grill. 

Little did we know, and came to find out, they never even trained their servers.  It took 3 tries and 30 minutes to get a beer with 2 inches of foam on it! We somehow received salads even without ordering our food yet (although the other parties at our grill did not).  They took our menus because they ran out when we hadn't ordered yet.  I am getting pretty nervous at this point since Blair can only handle being confined so long!  Finally after almost 1.5 hours the chef came out... without our food.  After that fix and 15 more minutes he began to cook.  It was entertaining and the food was good.  Blair was able to handle herself for a while longer.

After finishing and waiting I finally called the server over and said, "I NEED our bill."  You can see them at the computer with so much confusion and we finally got the bills for the table and every persons was messed up.  Ours had nothing on it that we ordered but Jason said, "It is close enough, let's pay it and get out of here!" 

So after well over 2 hours (7:15pm) at this point we finally left.  Oh wait, we walked her in a wagon so now we have to walk home in the dark!  Luckily our wagon was still there!  Not so lucky is that 3 minutes into our walk our wheel busted off!  I really had to go to the bathroom but I didn't want to stay in that place longer so I am really hurting at this point and dying laughing.  I take out my iphone flashlight to try to find the wheel pieces while Jason continues on with Blair.  I end up running after him and luckily my bosses door was open as we walked by and I got to go to the bathroom!

Pre wagon break:




 still a happy girl... such a trooper!



It was quite the experience and let me just give you advice: don't go to opening night, especially not with a baby, and don't take a wagon!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to go thru all that but that was pretty funny!!!

    ReplyDelete