Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Activities!

Thank goodness for pinterest telling me how to be a good mother.  I was able to find so many fun ideas, plus some obvious ones I already knew, to keep Blair and I busy at home with some interesting things to do that I think she learns a lot from. 


Rice box- take 1... I had previously made a "rice box" on the fly one day with oatmeal but I actually bought a bin to make in more storeable and got lots of fun things at the dollar store. 







Coloring is normal but I also found some Sesame Street stickers at Target to have fun with too! She likes to color (although  not for a long time) and even asks to do it almost every day.  The shapes in the first pictures she can both identify and almost always say the right name when I ask, "what shape is this?"


 If I try to just give her one or two crayons at a time she is NOT happy, I think she mostly likes to "color" to dump all the crayons out!


Another dollar store find was lots of different tools to "paint" outside with.  While Dad was doing some yardwork one night I got them out thinking she wouldn't be that interested and she played for at least 30 minutes with all the different tools, especially the shape sponges! Sorry about the blocking hat but she knows she has to wear a hat outside!






This is a muffin tin with puffy balls and some blue rocks.  She has tongs she can use to pick them up and hopefully sort them someday.  She had fun playing with them though (and mommy was sorting!).  I just saw a really neat addition to this on pinterest too!





And finally, one suggestion was to use pipe cleaners and let them stick them in a colander.  I didn't have the right kind of colander but I decided to use a piece of Styrofoam from Daddy's packing supplies and also added some colored Popsicle sticks.  She definitely liked the sticks better since they were easier to get it. 

 "Look Daddy!"


It is fun to come up with new things to entertain her and really me too!


2 comments:

  1. It's just the beginning of her crafting career!! She's so lucky that you find all those fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool that she likes the crafting stuff and the shapes. It is amazing what she knows at her age.... Scary!

    ReplyDelete