Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camping at Burney

We went up with the Hank's family (Mommy knows them through work) and all of their extended family to Macaruthur Burney Falls.  They welcome us into their group like family and are such a fun crowd.  This is our second time up there, we didn't go last year because I didn't want to tent camp after a 4.5 hour drive with a 7 month old!  The year before was our first year but we didn't get to stay long because I had a doctors appointment for a certain little sprout in my belly!

Blair slept great on the way and it was a great car ride.  Jenn took Blair while we set up and returned her an hour later like this...


 At that point I said, ok we will wash her face when she is going to eat and sleep... I am ok with dirt!

Her and Brian played at the campfire with her little people toys. She liked to put dirt in the tractor.

 So she turned out like this to eat popcorn... so I said, Ok, we will just wash her face when she goes to bed!
 Brian thought she needed more!

She did not sleep through the night.  Not only would she not go to sleep forever and quietly but she woke up after 3 hours screaming and her and I had to sleep in the car the rest of the night so we wouldn't wake up everyone.  It was pretty miserable.  She woke up cranky and dad had gone to play golf so it was just us.  Here is the makeshift wall we made in her tent hoping to have her sleep better if she couldn't see us.
 She found a bucket while I made breakfast
 She enjoyed playing in the sand at the beach.


Later I tried to have her come back for a nap but it was not happening.  I learned she can climb right out of her pack and play.  Not knowing what else to do I gave up.  Later she was on a walk in the Hanks' stroller and fell asleep... at 6pm!  I was not about to let her have a late nap so I only let her sleep 15 min.  She took a bath with Brian in the camping tubs!
Daddy got her to bed that night and she slept the whole night!

She went for a ride with Buster the next morning... looking pretty cranky!


Before breakfast was served she was a disaster!

 We took a group picture...
 and a family one...
 and Brian gave Blair some love...
 and Blair looked at him affectionately...
 and then they took a cousins picture... with Blair!  Oops!

Blair thought the tent was super fun to play in!

We headed back down to the lake.  Blair got her own bucket of water and we played in the sand.

 We went out on the boat and Blair and I went tubing.




I smartened up and just decided to take Blair for a walk to get her to nap.  It worked wonderfully and she slept over 1.5 hours.

 Then we went out for a little family boat ride. 

Blair and Brian played in the site while we cooked some dinner.

 After dinner Blair got to ride on Herb's scooter with Daddy and Jenn


 We decided to take a hike to the falls.  We didn't see it last time we were here.  It turned out to be really beautiful.  I did not expect such a beautiful falls.   It was Blair's first time in a hiking pack.

 she held her Daddy's arm so sweetly...

 not so sure about this...



She woke a few times that night but it wasn't too bad.

The next morning we were packing up.  She sat like a big girl at the big picnic table eating her bagel.  Sometimes I can't believe how big she is and the things she can do.

 she played in the almost empty tent
 and the back of the car




 Bye Bye Burney!  We had a great time, see you next year!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great camping trip, dirt and all!

    ReplyDelete