My how time flies! It has been so much easier this time. We trust ourselves, we know we can do it, and Nora has been a great baby!
Here are some highlights from the month:
1: Nora is growing fast. She is 9 lbs 12 oz. She wears newborn and 3 month clothes. She is growing out of newborn diapers but mostly wears her cloth diapers now. She has the cheeks going now and has a double chin already.
2: She is the squeakiest thing I have ever heard. They are the cutest little squeaks... except in the middle of the night. She is very gassy so it goes squeak, squeak, squeak... toot! all night long! My nickname for her has become "Squeaks"
3: She has been a great nurser from the start. She hasn't had a latch problem and has transitioned already to just eating on one side. Nursing is SO much easier and more enjoyable this time. She mostly makes it 3 hours, sometimes 2.5 during the day too so it is going great!
4: I think Nora has narcolepsy .. it is so hard to keep her awake. We want her to stay awake at least SOME during the day so we can sleep at night but even "standing" she will fall right asleep while you are talking to her. You think she is awake and look away for a second and there she is sleeping again! Nigh time sleep is decent; she makes it 2.5-3.5 hours right now on most occasions.
5: So in relation to #4, if she isn't sleeping then she wants to eat. She isn't really into looking at us yet. It is all business to her... feed me, change me, or leave me alone to sleep! I gave her the pacifier right before 2 weeks because she did the "birdie" so much always rooting around to eat even though I knew she wasn't hungry. That helps a lot, she is a fan of the paci and so are we! Blair has learned quickly to put it in so she will stop crying, haha!
6: When she is awake and looking around, she does this cute thing with her lips all pursed together in the tiniest little O shape. Its very cute! It seems she has good eye contact and tracking abilities should she choose to use them.
I just love to cuddle and love on this little sweet thing. She is such a precious addition and has been a joy. I honestly wasn't looking forward to the newborn stage again but sweet Nora has changed my mind. I am enjoying her peacefulness and love while I can!
What we look forward to: Smiles! We can't wait little girly
No comments:
Post a Comment