Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blair 2 and a half years

My oh my has our little Blair grown up in these past 6 months.  I can't even believe the difference. She is such a little girl now.  She has become a challenge but a joy and we couldn't love her any more!


  • She is very interested in people's names.  She loves to state her full name.  If you say, "are you ready to go Joe?" She says, "NO!  I'm Bwair Wee Mahwtwing."  She knows mine, Jason's, and Noras full names as well and loves to talk about the "Mahwtwing" family now that she knows we are a family.  
  • She is SO funny.  She has this funny little voice she does when she is being silly, I think she has picked up on it from either Jason or I.  She does lots of different little voices now.
  • She loves music.  She sings songs and I love to hear her singing when she doesn't know anyone is listening.  She loves Disney music.  We listen to Disney Pandora in the car a lot and every song that comes on she either says, "This is from Doody and the Beast" or asks "what is this from?"  She loves to know everything!  We finished a music class session and she doesn't really sing at class but I catch her singing the songs on her own all the time so I know she picks up on them.  
  • She love she accessories: shoes, hair bows, sunglasses, jewelry.  She has quite the collection and is very interested in which shoes she can wear and never wants to forget her bow.  
  • She is getting quite independent.  She wants to do a lot of stuff "my myself!" as she screams to us and points her finger like "stay back."  She can get some of her clothes on, her shoes, and she likes to go potty by herself but doesn't realize she still needs a little help.  
  • She is into favorites or "faydits," especially colors.  However, she gets possessive about them so if someone says, "oh I like yellow" she responds with "NO, Yellow is MY faydit!"
  • She is quite the negotiator.  If you say, "we can read 2 books" she says, "ummmm how about 3?" or "we can play for 15 minutes,"  "We play for 16 minutes!"  If I say no to something she will often try to persuade me, "No mommy say Maybe, just say maybe"
  • She has become a challenge as she likes to test everything and is very quick to go straight to crying tantrum.  She hits and kicks when she is frustrated too.  She just gets frustrated and doesn't know how to handle it and of course she has normal 2.5 year old patience.  It is tough but we are working on it and try to tell ourselves it is normal.
  • Luckily to make up for the gray hairs she is giving us she is SO sweet.  She uses a little sweet voice and says, "I just love you mommy" or "I missed you SO much" and even today she said, "you're back, I was worried about you, you are my friend"   She loves to snuggle and give kisses to all of us, most importantly baby sister!
  • She is very smart and her language skills are fantastic.  We haven't progressed a ton on learning new "things" as she is a bit stubborn and she knows when I am trying to teach her and won't do it.  Despite this, she does count to 13, knows her capital letters most days, sings her abcs, knows more and more colors (like light and dark) and lots of shapes and tons of animals.  I know not to push her too hard so I just try here and their to do "school" with her but I don't want it to get frustrating for both of us.  She will everything important eventually!
  • These last 6 months have had big changes with potty training, a big girl room, and a new sister but she is a trooper and just pushes right through with her adorable smile and laugh.
  • She loves TV and movies.  Her favorite shows are Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  She has quite the collection of Disney movies now as well and she just loves talking about the characters and memorizing the covers.  She knows just which ones she has.  We definitely have to limit her TV or she would do that all day.  
  • She loves to read still.  She likes Berenstain Bears, Little Critter, Clifford, and lots of other books as well.  She will read forever without getting bored if she doesn't get distracted and we love it.  We never say no to reading (well I guess we do limit at bedtime but that is it)!
  • She is 38.25 inches tall and around 32 pounds I think.  She wears 2T shorts, 3T shirts, and size 8 shoes.
Prepare for cuteness, this girl is TOO Beautiful!  I can't narrow it down more than this!














 She had fun dancing and jumping in the ally



 Opps, sorry, snuck this one of my 8 year old in!






 Thanks to Mimi and M&Ms for getting this little nut to cooperate!


1 comment:

  1. She's such a doll and so smart and sweet and yes challenging at times but that's to be expected! I adore her! Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete