Saturday, November 2, 2013

Nike Women's Half Marathon

It all started back in June... I decided to sign up for the lottery drawing to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon.  When I got picked I wasn't sure if I was happy or not but I had to do it.  I started running 3-4 miles a few times a week and then started training at the end of July.  Each week on Sunday I added 1 mile until the day of the race when it was time to do it all!

We all headed to San Francisco, some to run and some to cheer us on!  Look at us all sleepy and not half marathon finishers!


 I found my friend Francisca to run with

after 45 minutes of waiting we finally made it to the start line... here we go!
 We made it to the hills around 5.5 miles


Jason made the cutest signs for me and mom and Nicole.  I couldn't wait to see them and kept telling myself "just 3 more miles until I see them... just 2 more miles..."




I stopped to kiss Blair, she was so proud of her sign








I finished!  I got my Tiffany necklace and a fireman picture... too bad it couldn't have been Jason in a suit, he is much cuter!

It was CRAZY hectic and freezing at the end.  I didn't find anyone for about 1.5 hours.  The cell services were all blocked and I was getting really worried I would never make it home.  I was so happy to find my people and finally get a picture with my cheer squad.  Unfortunately in all the craziness I didn't get one with my fellow finishers!



These were the shirts they had. The fronts said "Team D-Mart" and on the backs Blair's says "my mom is only half crazy" Nora's says "I don't do marathons" and Jason's says "my wife can run 13.1 miles"







Representing!




1 comment:

  1. So proud of you, you set your mind and you did it! Awesome! The end was sucky though. I thought we would never find our family!

    ReplyDelete