Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pumpkin Carving

Continuing our tradition of pumpkin carving for about 8 years now.

Blair was SO into it.  She drew about 20 different faces that she wanted to carve and had a hard time picking one.  She scraped out her own pumpkin and drew the face she wanted and then Jason carved it.  She was so excited and then when I mentioned we would put a candle in it she thought that was just the best news she had ever heard.

She walked around watching everyone pumpkin carve even while the other kids got bored and went to play. She would compliment everyone "oh I really like your pumpkin" and "you're doing a great job" and "Mom I can't wait to see how yours turns out."  It was SO sweet how much she loved it not just for her but for everyone.  She got lots of compliments about how sweet and helpful and what a great listener she is from all the other adults.

Nora was pretty shy all night with all the people around, she wasn't quite sure what to make of it.  When it came to pumpkin carving she wanted NOTHING to do with it.  She screamed and made hilarious faces and refused to even try it.  I was able to get her to draw a happy face on it (after I cleaned it all out and rinsed it) so I carved that out.  Some dripped on her clothes so she insisted on changing everything.  When I told her it was ok and she didn't need to she walked out a few minutes later from her room naked and asked for help getting new clothes, haha!














No comments:

Post a Comment