Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Baby Shower #1

I had my first baby shower on Saturday.  This shower was a women's only shower for family and this weekend I am having a couples shower with friends.  I think I will be having a very small shower with my coworkers too, I feel so spoiled!

It was so much fun.  First, the decorations were so adorable!  Everything was pink and brown polka dot themed.



The cake was SO cute.  My friend Candice made it and she made brownies also that were to die for (chocolate and PB are my love language!)


So many wonderful people came, here are just a few pictures:







We played some fun shower games.  I am one of those looney people that just loves the games at baby shower and bridal showers.  We played a "who knows mommy and daddy best" quiz and found out that people don't know us very well!  Then we played baby outburst with teams.  During the gifts, everyone was able to fill out their own BINGO card with the gifts they thought I would get.  



Everyone was so generous and Jason and I feel so grateful for all the wonderful gifts we received.  My favorite part was that it was requested that instead of a card, everyone buy a special children's book and write their message in the book.  Reading and education are really important to me and it is so special that our baby girl has a set up books now that were given with such love and she can read the inscriptions later.  I was weepy on Sunday reading what wonderful things everyone wrote.

By the way, everyone at the shower who said I hadn't gained any weight in my face is a total liar!  I mean, don't get me wrong, you are wonderful and I appreciate you lying but seriously, notice in this next set up pictures all of the books and gifts that my CHINS and I received!



I spent Sunday playing around in the nursery and putting things away.  It is overwhelming all the stuff we have now and I don't even know how to organize everything.  I guess I won't really know until we start using it and I will want to change where I put everything. I cleaned some things I got used and I washed some clothes, it was so fun folding the little outfits (I am sure it will get old!).

I had so much fun seeing everyone and thank you again to everyone that made it possible or who attended!  I am so excited to see more people who support us this Saturday!

Thank you Mom who did such a great job with this shower, you are the best mom and are going to be the best Grammy ever!


2 comments:

  1. You are welcome honey; it was fun and you looked great and everyone enjoyed showering you and baby girl with gifts! Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures! All of the decor sure was cute! I literally LOL'd at the lying part! You're such a good blogger! Oh and if you need any help with laundry I'm known as a laundry elf, feel free to call on me! ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete