34 weeks tomorrow! At this point, they would not stop labor if it started (but we don't want her quite yet)
Without further ado... the story of the beginning of all of this...
Dear baby girl,
I had been taking a few pregnancy tests throughout the week with negative results but I knew it could just be too early but on Friday April 2nd, I got it in my head that I was just using the too cheap tests and if I got a more expensive test then it would work. I convinced your dad and that evening I saw the very faintest of lines but your dad would not believe it so we agreed to wait until morning to try again. He didn’t want to get his hopes up but I was already in love with you. On Saturday morning I tried again with the cheap ones and they still didn’t work so we said we would wait until the next morning but that night I just had to use one of the expensive ones again (there were 3 in the pack) to make sure the line was still there and it was. On Sunday morning, I tried again and still nothing! I used a good one again and this time the line was definitely darker, I knew it was true! Dad was not going to believe it so I finally went to the store to get ANOTHER test, this time without the lines so it would either say “pregnant” or not. I took that test after lunch and sure enough, the most beautiful word in the world showed up. I called dad upstairs and he said “really!” I think we counted 9 total tests before Dad belived and I took a few more in the next few days as well. It was hard though because this was Easter and everyone was coming over but we weren’t ready to tell yet. I even pretended to drink wine but grammy knew anyway that something was up.
On Friday April 9th, I was 5 weeks pregnant and we couldn’t wait any longer to tell. We got Penny and Winston big brother and big sister shirts and we called grammy and papa to tell them that we wanted to come over to drink some port and chocolate. Grammy was sad that I was going to drink because she really thought she was going to get her grandbaby! When we got there, the dogs were going crazy and they couldn’t read the shirts. Finally I said “did you read their shirts?” and they both looked down at Winston and grammy froze and said, “are you pregnant?” when I said yes, all she could say was, “really?” Papa hugged me immediately and grammy just froze there for a while before going to hug your dad. After the shock wore off, she started talking all about it and they were both so excited.
We waited a little while for Auntie Janae to come home. Papa was holding Penny at that point and said, “did you read Penny’s shirt?” and when she did she did a whiplash look to me with the most shocked look on her face. She then stumbled around a little bit until grammy reminded her that she should probably give me a hug, haha.
We sat outside around the firepit talking about you for a long time until finally Aunties Nicole and Jen showed up. Jen went to the bathroom and Nicole came to the door to come outside. As soon as she looked down through the door at Winston she started screaming and freaking out, it was SO funny. She came outside crying to give us a hug and then she said she had to hide because she couldn’t pull herself together to not let Jen know.
Jen came outside and sat down to play with Tanner and we were all just giggling waiting for her to see the shirt. Finally Janae said, “did you see Penny’s shirt” and it took her awhile to read it. She looked at us in shock and said, “no way, No way, NO WAY” and then she stood up and freaked out and gave us a hug. Her and Nicole were so funny in their reactions.
You were all we could talk about that night as we planned different things and talked about names. We love you so much already and you are going to have such wonderful people around in your life.
On Sunday, April 11th, we brought a present over to Grandpa Cliffy’s house to tell him. He was working outside and we said to come inside because we had something for him. He picked it up and said, oh, is this a picture of an Audi because we had just gotten a new car. He opened it up and it was a Grandpa picture frame that said “picture to arrive December 2010.” He said, “oh, well this is better” and gave us a high five and then hugs. He was very happy and also in shock because he wasn’t expecting that at all.
We had to wait a little longer to tell Nana because we ordered her a “I’m going to be a grandma t-shirt” that we could mail her. We were so anxious to send it to her and even overnighted it to her so she could get it on Saturday and call us. You will learn your Nana loves to shop and sure enough she missed the mailman and didn’t get the package. It was unbearable to wait until Monday and she was very suspicious because we told her she had to wait to open it until we called. She was so excited for us and wore her shirt to work to let everyone know!
It was hard to keep you a secret and we didn't last very long. We were just so happy to tell everyone how we were going to be a family! Hopefully in around 6 weeks we will be holding you in our arms and shouting great news to the world again!Love,
Mom
Ahhh....that made me cry all over again. It feels like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time!! It brings back all the memories of talking about her each week as we read about how big she is and what great strides in her development have been made! 6 more weeks!! Grammy :)
ReplyDeleteOk, I am sitting here at work crying! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are right Mom, it seems like yesterday!! What a great night!
I can't wait till she is HERE!!! I Love You already little one!
~Auntie Nicole
P.S. I am also a bad blogger 1) Ours hasn't been updated in FOREVER 2) I have a baking one that I haven't even posted to yet! So don't feel bad, you are much better than we are!
Way to make me WELL up @ work!! haha I remember that reaction so clearly I WAS SOOO EXCITED!! And Shocked! So ecstatic for you guys and our whole family!
ReplyDeleteNO WAY You kept that "Machine" a secret since APRIL! You two are crazy secret suprise keepers!! haha so jealous! ;)
Auntie Jen