We had almost the same group as last year and armed with a 36 pack each of Coors light we made our way to the rugged outdoors (and by rugged I mean we promptly hooked up our refrigerator, plugged in the air conditioner, and ran the hose from our in-site water). Look I like to camp but I need certain things! We had a good 10-12 ice chests between all of us and we made a pretty nice little kitchen and camp set up!
Blair did so well playing. She played pretty good in her pack and play which she had never been in before. I was really surprised that she would play alone in there.
Grammy and Papa brought these cool mats to play on so we could put them on the ground wherever we were. She would actually crawl to the edge of the mat and then stop when she got to the dirt... what a good girl!
Grammy and Papa were awesome. I don't think we will ever camp without them. They took Blair on many "she really needs to fall asleep" walks and stayed back and camp with her while Mommy and Daddy went out to the lake to have fun adult time. Thank you guys so much! We couldn't ask for better support!
We hung out talking, drinking, eating great food and playing games.
Our family camping picture!
Blair hung out in the pack with dad for our beer pong baseball game. We will go ahead and pass by discussing the implications of playing beer pong with your baby strapped to you... I guess we can kiss the "Parent-of-the-Year" award goodbye!
I was worried about keeping Blair cool enough and out of the sun and am happy to report that she never even got pink! We played only once in the splash pool and she also went in the lake to float.
This is her new laugh/smile face. She gets it all scrunched up, it is so funny!
Penny stayed home because she can't relax (wait, how did I get allowed then?) but Winston had a great time and was such a good boy. I just love when he is all cute and muddy.
Blair went out on the boat just one time. She was not a fan of the life jacket since it really scrunches up the face but she ended up relaxing and falling asleep... so peaceful!
We had a great time again. Thank you to everyone who came! We have such great friends and family and we are glad to have survived our first camping trip with her. My favorite childhood memories are camping so I look forward to making lots of them with Blair too! And thank you again to the best grandparents ever for all their help!!!




































We definitely enjoyed this camping trip. All your friends are so much fun, the food was good and Blair was great. Yes the trailer helped but I think she would have done well even in a tent! But Grammys nap in the trailer with B in the a/c was awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe trip was really fun. Blair was surrounded
ReplyDeleteBy friends and family. What better way to ace your first
Camping trip. And the weather was pretty nice.
Thanks Scott and Rita for the use of the trailer. It was great for
Danielle, Jason and the star.... Blair!!!! Ok.. Ok.. Too much :) not!
This was a fun blog! And being a part of the camping trip as you know for us, was huge. I'm so glad we were able to make it given our circumstances, but I am so proud of little Blair! She really did a great job, but now I cannot imagine camping without a trailer when any kids are involved, guess it's almost time to get one in the fam! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for investing the time in planning the trip, I know that was time away from Blair, but it doesn't go without notice! You're awesome!