Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Every girl needs a little BLING!

We had debated it a long time but we finally did it, Blair got her ears pierced for her 8 month birthday!  We hadn't really been debating it, I knew I wanted to do it and Jason did too but I just hadn't been able to bring myself to do it.  The longer we waited the more worried I was about her messing with them during the healing and cleaning phase though so I figured either do it or we were waiting until she was 12.

We picked out some simple plain clear stones with some safety backs on them so they won't poke her.  I listened intently to the lady's instructions about what was to come and cleaning care.  Then it was time!  I was too nervous so Jason had to hold her.  The piercer put the dots on her ears and asked me if I liked the placement... say what!? I can't make this decision right now, we are talking about something that will be there her whole life, I didn't even research the correct placement.  I begrudgingly agreed but continued to worry that they were off. 

 No idea what is coming...
 This is so fun...

 Why is this lady coloring on my ear...

 I don't know about you...

 Woo hoo!  I love the mall!

 What the.... What the.... Screaming!!!

I stopped taking pictures so we wouldn't have a record of the screaming... believe it or not, I do have my standards :)  She cried for about 3 minutes and then seemed pretty good.

 I am NOT ok with what just happened!

 Yeah, you better cuddle me mom!

 Bling Bling, money ain't a thang!

We tried later to get some better pictures but she wasn't having it and it was time for bed.  There are better pictures coming in her ADORABLE 8 month pictures!








I was pretty upset about doing it afterwards. I felt like I took her baby purity away and scared her for life.  It took a few days before I decided I like them and she looks very cute and girly :)  I think she will forgive me for those 3 minutes; she will have plenty to hate me for in her teenage years I am sure, haha!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that was so hard, but she looks so dang cute with those earrings! You girls sure know how to start early with the bling! ;)

    ReplyDelete