Sunday, October 14, 2012

What will it BEE?

As with Blair, we weren't going to be able to wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender.  I called to make an ultrasound appointment for 16 weeks and they said they were on vacation that week but why don't I come in this week instead (15 weeks) and assured me it was late enough! Blair was going to visit Great Poppa with Mimi and Papa so it worked out great and I knew we could surprise everyone at family night with the results. 

I got really nervous because I knew Jason really wanted to have a boy and I wasn't sure how to react if it was a girl.  The baby was not cooperating at first, legs were all closed up and squatted down deep in the uterus.  I had to walk around for a few minutes and then we were in business.  I knew immediately what it was without the tech even saying, so did Jason.

The next day for family night I wanted to let everyone know in a cute way.  Lots of people have big gender reveal parties, which is fun, but I didn't think any of our friends would go along with it (without being super irritated at us and think we were crazy).  I did find the idea of the "What will it BEE?" Theme though.

So I wore pink, Jason wore blue, and Blair dressed up as a bee!  She walked in to Mimi and Papa's with this sign (without the votes yet)...

 
Mimi said, "I knew it" because she suspected we would go while Blair was gone.  After everyone arrived and voted (Nick was the only vote for girl)...

 we went into the bedroom and changed wing colors from Black to ....

PINK!!!
Blair was uncooperative for anyone but Mimi which is why she looks so "happy" in these pictures. 

 We brought pink cupcakes to celebrate
 then Blair was really happy


Jason did have some disappointment but he and all of us knows that once she is here that will all go away because she will just be meant for our family and he will have the most loving daughters in the world. 

Having sisters has always been so precious to me and I have dreams of these two playing (and yes, I know, fighting) for years to come.  Barbies, dolls, and talk of boys will be our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lucky girl she will be as Blair will certainly show her all the ropes! I can't wait to meet our new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for Blair to have a sister! I hope they get along and are just as good of friends as we were and are!

    ReplyDelete