Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Big Girl Room

With the new baby coming it was time to move Blair into her Big Girl room.  I want her adjusted to it before we start painting the nursery new colors and before the baby comes and "takes" away her room.  Decorating Blair's new room was her birthday gift (or should it be mommy's really) and Mommy loved doing it!  I wanted a vintage theme and we bought old furniture that Daddy repainted.  Mimi and Papa helped to make a new headboard and cornice board and Mimi made a comforter all on her own!  What great help we have!  There are some more things I would like to get done but I honestly don't know if it will ever happen so for now, I am calling it done!


 
All her "friends" as she calls them came to her bed from her crib.  Her baby, Elmo, and blanket are must haves but she likes to have them all with her and will list them every night to make sure they're all there. 


Daddy getting her jammies on for her first night and this is her new friend Bella the Butterfly who plays music and lights up.  Daddy picked this out for her because she likes to have music and lights in bed. 


 Such a big bed for a tiny girl.  It was so hard to leave her in there. 


Reading books with Mommy




It cried a little when I left her, it is tough to see her moving on to big girl things and I just can't believe how fast it is going!

As of 1 hour after I put her down and am typing this, she is still awake.  She hasn't tried to get out of her bed yet (that will be naptime tomorrow I am sure) but she will seem to be sleeping and then suddenly be rustling around with Bella or something again!

2 comments:

  1. This post made a little sad because she's growing up soooo fast, but it makes me very happy to see what a wonderful little person she has become! Love her room! So happy to have helped a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room looks so beautiful!! I have to admit that I teared up a little when I saw her in her bed and read that you cried!!

    ReplyDelete