I made the appointment for June 25th. When we arrived at the location about 10 minutes early they looked closed. I was worried but thought maybe they were at lunch and would arrive just in time. Jason asked if I was sure this was the right place and I said, "it is the ultrasound place on Sunrise, there couldn't be two!" Then I started to think about the website and it definitely had a different name! Luckily I had my handy iPhone (the love of my life) to look it up and sure enough, there are indeed TWO ultrasound places on Sunrise Avenue. So much for my plan to be there on time, we rushed to the next place and I have to admit, I kind of wished it had been the first place because this one was a bit shady looking!
I think the ultrasound guy looked like a hippy that failed out of ultrasound school and I was worried I might be going into the back room to have my baby stolen but gosh darn it we wanted to know the sex! He started looking around and said, "those two dots are what we are looking for but I want another angle" and I had to change positions because she wasn't fully cooperating. But Jason and I both thought, 2 dots, must be a boy! So then he got another angle and said nonchalantly, "yep there are the two dots, that is what we look for in a girl" and that was it.... crickets.... I said, "So are you saying its a girl?" and he said "yes." It was pretty anticlimactic really but what did I expect from this guy honestly. I was a bit teary and then I was worried about what Jason was feeling. I had wanted a girl but I had thought it was a boy and had been imagining the little things we would do with boys so it was kind of sad too. We finished up and got our pictures and a DVD of the whole thing which I was really excited to have since we can't get that at the doctor!
Here are a few pics (hopefully she isn't traumatized later in life by me posting pictures of her girly bits online!), sorry they are pictures of the picture.
We went straight to Macy's to get some cute outfits, it was so much fun to know it was a girl and buy some clothes! Little did we know that this would be the first of 5, 468 outfits that we would be getting over the next few months. Evidently everyone loves to buy girl clothes!!!
On Sunday was our family pictures and we waited until everyone was ready and instead of cheese we said, "Everyone say, Its a girl!" and everyone did like it was nothing and then mom says, "or a boy!" haha. So we said it again, "Its a girl!" "No really, its a girl" It took a while before everyone finally got it and of course mom was crying.
I have to stop and say, "We had an ultrasound on Friday, we found it it's a girl!" Mom still deer in headlights look!When Jason's mom came we had her and Aunt Bonnie doing old wives tales on me to guess if it was a boy or girl (needle over the belly) and then we gave her a girl picture frame.
I am officially on maternity leave now and am already bored in my first week. We don't really have much left to do but I want to do some cleaning but it takes a lot out of me so I have to do a little at a time. We installed the car seat but we feel like something isn't right so we are having it inspected on Friday at the local fire station... its like rocket science evidently!




Ahhhh that story made me all
ReplyDeleteteary all over again!