Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In the words of Ty Pennington... "Welcome home baby girl, Welcome Home!"

Ahhhh.... the nursery is finally done!  We have had little things to do on it forever but we finally finished it on Sunday!  I am SO happy with how it turned out.  When we first started thinking about the plan there were so many things I liked that it was overwhelming to start.  Then once you pick out something you worry that you will get it all finished and you won't really love it... but I DO!  I think it is perfectly feminine without being over the top and it suits the back up plan (in case it is a boy) well to just repaint the purple area yellow and grab a new bedding set (the paranoia is intense people, INTENSE!)

Here is the sketch of what we originally planned to do.  I think you will find it pretty accurate save the dog pen in the middle; we exchanged that out for a more socially acceptable crib, humph!


Without further ado… What we fondly call “the baby room”


The closet has her “outfits” (notice the tags are on everything still until we make sure she is a she!)

The crib (don’t worry, we will take the bumpers out but they look cute for now!)


The window and dresser



I made this floral arrangement


The drawers are full of pants, onesies, and sleepers… They managed to convince me to wash at least the newborn stuff.


The changing area

 These are maternity pictures for now but they will slowly swap out for some exceedingly adorable pictures of the cutest kid you’ve ever seen!  I scanned some of the decals to make my own “art” for a few of them just to mix it up.  Her ultrasound picture is the bottom middle one too!

I made this bow holder with ribbon and a picture frame, I love it!  Girl has lots of accessories!

This is her accessory drawer and shoe drawer… mama’s girl!

The changing storage area, we have the cloth diapers arriving on November 30th but for now we have some disposable backups (that we can use for travel and whenever) and we have tons of wipes!!!

The new addition that we hadn’t originally planned was that we added this IKEA shelving unit because the diaper pail was made for ants and we didn’t want to bend over all the time.  It actually works great here and gave us some extra storage which we made for the bulky blankets that didn’t fit well in the drawers. 


Here are the proud parents!

So, what do you think? I can draw you a sketch for your rooms anytime!  I just have to tour model homes to steal all their ideas and put them together as my own.  Oh and you will have to deal with my embarrassingly poor architectural drawing skills where there might be some matrix action happening in the skewed perspective of it all.

You didn’t think you were going to catch a peak at the name did you?

We also packed our hospital bags so we are ready for a baby!  How does this Friday sound… FULL TERM!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! The room is amazing. You two (or is that three) have done a beautiful job, you should be proud. -Candice

    Oh, and one tip. Investigate the closet extender bars that drop another hanging rod down below the original. Great for the small clothes, doubles your hanging space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete