Saturday, January 22, 2011

1 month!

This is a little bit late (what is new) but on Blair's one month birthday I wrote a list of all the things I wanted to remember from her first month.  This will be cool for her to see things about her life as she grows up to so some of this may be boring but I hope she enjoys it someday.

1. I have LOVED watching you sleep and eat, it is my favorite thing.  Mom is a bit high strung (hey no comments from the peanut gallery out there) but when I see you so peaceful it relaxes me like nothing else can. There have been many moments where I get teary watching either of these things as I am just so amazed at you and how beautiful you are and that we made you. 

Here is a picture from your first night.  You sleep in the bassinet by our bedside.  I would love you have you sleep with us (sometimes you do on mom or dad's chest in the morning so we can get some more sleep) but mom and dad are both very active sleepers and we are afraid dad might use you as a cannonball in a dream or something.  The other picture is of you all swaddled up to sleep.  This really helps you to keep sleeping though out the night!



2. I guess this is similar to number 1 but you are the cutest sleeper because you make all these noises all the time.  You started out wheezing a lot and dad likes to say you are out little 90 year old smoker.  Then you started making little cries or coos.  It is so funny!  Here is a video in the car on Christmas.


3. I love watching dad with you.  He gets so excited when you do new things and is your biggest cheerleader during tummy time when you lift your head up. 




He also bounces you which is what can always make you happy.  Then one day in your second week he made your first music video with you.  This makes me laugh every time I watch it!

4. When you get upset or mommy needs to have some hands free I use a "Moby Wrap" to hold you and you just love it.  I do too!  You get to be all snuggled up against me and usually within 5 minutes you are sleeping tight against your mama.  Maybe you feel like you are back warm in my tummy or something.
5. People LOVE you!  We had so many people come to see you in your first month and they just think you are perfect (and that many people couldn't be wrong right?)  It was nice to have so many people around and you are such a special girl to have such great family and friends.  I didn't get everyone but here are some pictures with your fans.









6. Everyone loves little girl clothes and mommy is no exception.  I have loved dressing you up in such cute little outfits.  Almost everyday I send a photo of you to your fan club so they can see how you are changing and what you are wearing.  Here are a few...





 7. You are so adorable when you smile.  Papa and I have both caught a smile on camera (they are blurry but still adorable) but of course most of your smiles were just  from gas.  However, dad was holding you on January 10th and we both think it was your first real smile and it was at ME!  I said, "Blair look at mommy" and you looked over at me and gave me a big smile.  Dad and I both got so excited and at least I know I was a bit teary, thank you!





your smile in the hospital                                                  Sitting with mom

I can't believe how big you are getting and how time flies but I will always remember this first month when you were so tiny.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my how you have changed so quickly. Grammy and I have loved to see you grow, it is amazing how much fun we have seeing you. I love all the photos of "your fans". yesterday Grammy and I got to take you on "Our first walk" through the neighborhood. It was fun to walk in the sun with you and your doggies!
    We look forward to many more fun days.
    Love Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this while on the elliptical tonight and got all teary! She has gotten so big during her first month and I have enjoyed seeing every moment of it! She had so many fans we should make Blair fan shirts! Van't wait for all the coming months and all the smiles we will get to see! ~Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete