Well as you can imagine, 2010 was the best year since... 2007! I will always remember 2007 as a wonderful and eventful year (finished college, went to Europe, got married, started teaching, bought a house, got our first dog) and I am happy to add 2010 to the list of great years (not that 2008 and 2009 were bad but they just weren't up to par with 2007 and 2010 events, you following me?)
2010 started off with trying to start our family. In the meantime before that happened we went on a family cruise in February that was one of the most fun times I have had in my life. I will always remember the insane amount of laughter (and to be honest booze consumption) that happened on this trip! The next month in March was THE month and on Easter Sunday we finally got the positive pregnancy test we had been dreaming of.
The next nine months were filled with excitement and anticipation of all things baby. We also had a great summer with a few camping trips with friends and family that are lasting memories.
As the year winded down we grew anxious and impatient to welcome little Blair and the year couldn't have ended any better. I will never forget the moment I first saw her or the time we have already had together. The late night cuddles and feedings, though difficult, are very special as I love to stare down at the beautiful child we created and think about her future.
I don't have specific resolutions for 2011 but just to be a great mom and wife to the two loves of my life.
Happy New Year everyone from The Martling Family!
Here are some pictures from New Years Eve at Grammy and Papa's house
2010 was a great year for our family! It really showed us the important things in life! Friends and family! Everything else pales in comparison! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Wow 2007 was great for you guys! Totally follow ya there!! 2010 was really such a great year for all of us! Hard to imagine any other years could be better, but like I said at dinner last night, we've got some great years ahead! Can you say... EXPANSION! haha ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you two for giving us the most precious and adorable niece of all time! ~ Jen