Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Urban Dare!

There was a Groupon for an Urban Dare race (which I had never heard of before) that sounded like fun.  Andy and Kimmy joined us for the day and we made a plan to drink beer and have fun!

We all wore super cool green bandannas and Kimmy and I had matching backpacks (which mine broke about 1 hour in... you just can't get a good $1 backpack these days!)  The race started at a bar so we jumped right in to take advantage!


 We ran into Candice on the way to the park to begin!
We waited at the park for the starting clues

After spending a little time figuring out the 12 clues and mapping out the route (a big part is making sure you know the order you plan to go in or you would have to spend too much time going back and forth in the city) we were off!  We used our phones to figure out the clues and find addresses.  Some are places you go to do a task but most you just have to get to and take a picture to show you were there (they definitely needed more tasks)

Our first stop was the wheel barrel race!




Since we HAD to get a picture of three people doing "see no evil..." we stopped at this deli and it would have been rude not to buy a beer from them!


Thanks also to Nicole and Janae for doing our other picture task form afar!

 15 minute bonus for a picture with an orange tree!
 Some of the stops:


 At this place Jason ALMOST knocked off the top on this $695 urn!!!

...and I was pretty tired at this point and we finally stopped to eat!  We were very dedicated racers who sat down at a hamburger place (not a recommended one) in the middle of the race.


 We didn't get a picture of the second dare but it was a 3-legged race followed by a puzzle challenge.  The third dare (that we almost missed the cutoff for) was finding gum in whipped cream and then blowing a bubble!




 At our final stop on 501 I street (I... not L as I had taken us to first, oops!)
And one final celebratory beer for finishing in time.  Technically neither of our teams checked in properly, we lost our passport that showed our completed tasks and Kimmy's camera died so she didn't have her photos.  Obviously we didn't care to much about that!


It was fun but if we do it again, I need to be in better shape.  Although we didn't run, I estimated it was about 7 miles of walking (thank you may my run).  We also thought it needed more tasks so we will see next year!

Thanks Grammy and Papa for watching Blair!

1 comment:

  1. Actually it looks really fun! Especially the beer stops! Probably not as much fun as playing with Blair! :). Love you!

    ReplyDelete