Saturday, March 29, 2014

Happy Birthday Happy Baby!


Oh my dear sweet Nora, how you  have touched our lives.  It's so hard to even describe the little personality you have.  You are so sweet, so funny, so smart, and so evil in the most adorable way.  We have our hands full with you!



 You have been a go-getter from the start.  I still think back on the night you were born with complete awe and wonderment.  I think I have gotten the Mommy amnesia because I am almost starting to remember it as a fun night, haha!  Nobody was ready for what you were about to do whether it be come into our lives in 3 hours or fill us with more joy than we could imagine.  You were ready to come out and you weren't wasting any time and that is how you have been this whole year.  You seem to do everything quick and when you want something you waste no time in getting it done.  You push your way past older kids, move your body into position and there is NO distracting you from whatever it is you are ready to do.  It is so funny to us and we just think you are so darling that we have a hard time saying no to you.  There's no fear in you because you have the confidence that you WILL do what you want.
You're so sweet and I just want to eat you up all the time.  From your squishy smile to your shy cuddle into me when people say hi, to your sweet kisses; I just can't get enough of you.  You're both a Mommy's and Daddy's girl... Daddy can make you smile and laugh like nobody else but you love to cuddle with Mommy.  At night when I nurse you to sleep and rock you I just can't believe how lucky I am.  I have to rock you a few minutes before your nap each day, not for you but for me... I just want you to be my baby forever and I know these moments will soon be gone.  I love to tickle your neck and hear that beautiful giggle or  have your daddy give you belly kisses for a big squeal.
You love your sister and the two of you melt my heart.  You laugh at her at the table, in the bath and in the car the most and you love when she gives you attention.  She may be the bigger sister but I think you are going to grow to be the boss.  You want anything she has and you are a little destructo!  You're lucky to have her as a sister because she tolerates you so well even when you are pulling her hair, hitting her with toys or purposefully ruining her toy setup.  Like I said before, evil evil evil, haha!
You're so strong and coordinated.  You are such a great walker, you fall gracefully and you can climb like I can't believe.  You make me so nervous with what you want to do.  You think you are 2 already! Slow down my baby!  I am interested to see what you can do as you get older, your future is bright!
You're just SO SO SO happy and it makes everyone around you happy.  You can chill and play on your own and you can laugh when people play with you.  I just love your attitude, you go with the flow and have fit in our busy family life so well.  I am so thankful for not having to work as much this year so that I could watch even more of your life.  When I do have to work I love seeing you run to me when I get home.  As soon as you hear the garage or my voice you starting grunting and looking for me and the sweet desperate face you have as you run to me is so loving knowing you want my cuddles (ok maybe my boobies) so bad.
You are so much smarter than we even know.  You have learned so much stuff that we get surprised by and didn't even know you were capable of.  You have figured so much out on your own from just being so observant.  I love to watch you from across the room figuring out toys, you're going to be brilliant. At the same time, you don't really want us to teach you things.  You don't want to sit still long enough to read with us, look at colors or shapes, do puzzles, or even sing songs.  You want to be on the move and you want to do things yourself.  Oh man are we in trouble!
From that moment I grabbed you and hugged you on my chest you have had Mommy's heart like I never thought possible.  You have been an easy child so far; I thank you and ask for that to continue ;)  I have loved watching you grow into a little person and a brilliant, funny, beautiful person you are.  You have completed our family, made us laugh more, love more and have more hope for our future as a family than I ever thought possible.
Nora June, Nora the Explorer, Nori Pori you are something special!
Mommy loves you so much!



1 year Doctor Checkup- She's perfect as expected.  21 lbs 8 ounces(75%), 30.5 in (91%) and growing and learning wonderfully.  She was such a champ too; so happy to see the doctor and get checked up. She might have given a little attitude look to the doctor as she pushed away the stethoscope from her chest, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment