To start out Thanksgiving, Mom, Nicole, Janae, and I went out to snorkel black rock. Everyone had seen turtles and lots of fish when they had gone out so we wanted to also! It was definitely not a great snorkel day, the water was pretty rough and it was kind of cloudy. However, we actually did get to see quite a lot. We say a stingray, many turtles and some pretty colored fish. I could probably go down as THE worst snorkeler ever. I had to cling to someone at all times because I am afraid to be in the open water alone. Rightfully so I might add since I actually witnessed Janae get run into by a turtle, A TURTLE! I also totally freaked out when I got above the coral because I was too afraid to touch it. A beer on the beach is really much more my thing. After all of the freaking out we finally tried to swim back and I do mean TRY! We were swimming (and I use the term loosely when referring to myself) as hard as we could and were just not going anywhere. Finally (I had mentioned the idea an hour before and was laughed at) we let the ocean take use (I'll never let go Jack...) and floated back to the beach at the Sheraton and had to do the walk of shame through the hotel and golf course back to our beach and condo. The best part was that Nicole had a pink child's inner tube around her waist and walked right out of the water onto the crowded beach looking like she had on a tutu. It tickled mom so much that she fell backward and a wave took her back into the ocean!
When we got back, Dad, Jason and Jen were waiting for us to take over Blair duty and they went golfing. Golfing in Hawaii, not a bad way to spend Thanksgiving at all! Us girls relaxed a while and then went to the barefoot bar to have a drink. Blair got to wear her adorable turkey costume that Auntie Janae made her. She was the talk of the town!
 |
| barefoot bar |
Loving her pinapple!
We had pizza for dinner (and we didn't mind at all!) but Blair did have some deli turkey and baby food sweet potatoes, it was her first thanksgiving after all!
It was sad to have to pack up that night to get ready to go. The week flew by so much and it was just a relaxing and enjoyable time with the best family anyone could ever ask for! So much to be thankful for! One of the best parts of the day was watching Nicole and Jen finally get to share the news to "the world" that they are expecting a little bun in June.
Blair decided to go ahead and teeth her upper teeth on the last few days we were there so the ride home was not quite as easy. She did not want to sleep. I was not feeling well but Jason and Grammy did an amazing job keeping her happy and all in all she did a great job! It was a long trip home again and we arrive at our house just after midnight, happy to get some rest in our own bed!
We miss you Maui!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment