After we left we decided, despite the "Road to Hana incident 2011," that we would trust Mom and Dad that they had this great spot which they called "Floosie in the Jacuzzi" although the real name is the Olivine Pools. We had to hike in on what we were were pretty sure was the wrong way and dad was crazy.
but then when we arrived it was all they talked about and more! They are these pools on the side of the cliffs and you can swim in them and are protected by the ocean. But then when the waves crash up, they flow into the pools with little waterfalls. They were cold but bearable, even for me. There was ocean life in them and being the spaz that I am, I freaked out and fell back first into the water. I ended up not getting hurt, I have no idea how, but I kicked Jason in the head and knocked him off the rock and cut his leg!
Blair obviously couldn't go in the pools but she had SO much fun on this little ledge. The "rock" was actually really compacted clay or something so she had a great time touching it and getting so muddy!
On the way back we saw this rainbow (it was actually double but you cant see the second one well). It was a FULL rainbow and so amazing I was SO close to having this moment...
We got ready really quickly and headed to our Luau to be met with leis!
this dancer LOVED Blair!
The pork was amazing!
Blair was so funny, she loved watching the dancers. I thought she wouldn't really care but she was very entertained with them for a good portion of the night. She loved the fire dancer and really shook her Sophie at him!













Beautiful pictures and such a nice day! I never wanted to leave!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you didn't have "that" moment as it would have freaked me our!!! But it was a beautiful double rainbow.