Friday, December 7, 2012

Potty Trained

I haven't wanted to declare it publicly but I am going to put this out there.  I believe Blair is officially potty trained!  We know we will have our accidents but really she knows what she is doing and she doesn't seem to fight it.

I took Thanksgiving break to start the process. We started on a Saturday morning with being naked around the house.  She would definitely stop and look down while she peed on the floor and we worked on getting her to the potty.  She would say "pee pee in potty get candy" but wasn't trying to get there on her own.  Sunday we had a really rough morning.  Part of the difficulty is that she can hold it a long time.  She doesn't like juice, only water and milk so there isn't really anything I can get her to want to drink A LOT of to get her to pee often.  After waking up she hadn't gone pee 3 hours later!  I was frustrated and she was acting up and she got put in time out... where she finally peed.  After 3 hours of pee watch, I was not happy!  I never yelled at her but when Daddy got up, he had to give mommy a break.

She did well on Sunday night and we even got a poop in the potty, although she didn't want to.  We were still having trouble into Monday with even getting her to sit on the potty to "try."  She just didn't want to take the time.  She wasn't doing horrible but I wasn't totally sure she was ready.

Come Wednesday we had to start wearing pants as we were going to  Reno and she couldn't just run around naked forever.  She did great!  She started going when we sat to try and even said she had to go a few times.  We made it to Reno that night with no accidents!  On Thanksgiving Thursday she was still doing great telling us she had to go, she even told us once in the middle of the night, then once on the way home in her carseat and even held it until we found an exit.

Since then it just seemed to click for her.  She will go when we ask her to try and we do if it has been about an hour or we know she has drank a lot.  She goes on her own when she needs to.  She hasn't had a pee pee accident yet!  She goes in public toilets when we are out and she transitioned at daycare without problems too.  She mostly uses the big toilet at home too so it is nice not to have to even clean out the little one.  I didn't expect that to  happen so soon for sure!

She was still struggling with the poops for a while but in the last few days she has really seemed to get it! 

Yesterday I finally cancelled the diaper service! 

Blair wears underwear full time even when out in public.  She wears pull ups only at nap time and night time.  She calls them her "nighttime unernares" as she pronounces underwear so cute!  She has Dora unernares and loves them!  I am so proud of her! Potty trained before 2!

I have to say, my favorite part has to be how cute her clothes look without her big diaper.  Her little tush is just too cute!  haha

and here are two pictures... I know, I am THAT mom!


 
any bets on that she has an accident today...


No comments:

Post a Comment