I cannot believe you are two years old. Part of me isn't shocked, I have been thinking of you as two for a while now because you are so tall and so smart... but part of me still can't believe how quickly time has flown by. You are looking SO grown up... I think it is the massive volume of hair that you have now!
I think you are the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. Your eyes and perfect little lips and your dimple just melt my heart.
We did a photo shoot with some balloons. You were not into it but it was still fun. You usually love to play with balloons at home. We cut the string so it is just to short for you to reach and you LOVE to get your "sep sool" (step stool, a toy bin turned over) to reach for them. It keeps you entertained a long time and mommy and daddy laugh too because it is really funny to watch you learn a lot about depth perception when you do it.
I am so proud of you that you are potty trained before two! Daddy and I are enjoying not having to take a diaper bag everywhere and it is so funny to see you yell "I go pee pee" as you sprint off to the bathroom.
Your laughter is infectious. The most giggles of the day come after bath time when you play with us. Mostly it is your daddy that can get you going like crazy. It is pure happiness to watch. Tonight as you were both playing you grabbed his face with both your hands and gave him a kiss on his lips... I almost died from love right then and there. You are truly a sweet sweet girl and I hope in all we have to come in our years ahead you remind me of this often.
You speak so well. You use sentences almost all the time now and can have some pretty good conversations or tell us what you want. 4-5 words are common for you to put together. When you really want something, you repeat it over and OVER and OVER again until we respond... it is really fun for us! haha. You hear what we say and repeat it which can be really funny. So far we haven't had any "oops" incidents with naughty words though!
You have gotten very musical. You love to play with instruments and are really getting good at singing some songs. Happy Birthday is your favorite followed by Wheels on the Bus. You also sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Jingle Bells. Sometimes you just sing your own "lalala" songs too. The other day you were singing the "Clean up Clean up" song and made up your own words to follow, it was SO cute!
You are actually an extremely well behaved girl considering your age. You listen so well and love to be helpful. You go get your shoes when we ask and other things. You help clean up. I think you will be a great help with your little sister soon. However, you also have a mind of your own. Lately you have been giving yourself "time out" when you do things you know you shouldn't (hitting or throwing toys). It seems like you decide it is worth it so you will hit us and then say "Blair time out" and go to the stair to sit down. It is part hilarious (we have to hide our laughter from you) and part scary that you are so smart. You have even been giving your dolls time outs! If this is the worst it gets though I would totally take it because like I said, overall you do a great job listening and being sweet!
Your favorite things to play with are babies and trains. I love watching you with your babies, it is one of those heartwarming things for a mommy to watch. I don't know how you got so into your trains but you adore them and that is what you decided to ask Santa for. You are OBSESSED with birthday parties... most specifically Chuck E Cheese. You ask to go there almost daily to "play games, ride train, eat cupcakes." You also can't get enough of your friend Olivia and ask to go to her house every morning. She is 3 and we think you love how she knows how to play better than your other friends.
I can't believe two years has passed and how much you have changed our lives but I am so thankful and we are so blessed to have a beautiful, healthy, smart, funny, and sweet daughter like you!





















Blair,
ReplyDeleteYou are such a beautiful little girl and I have loved watching you grow over these last 2 years. It was you who made me so excited to have your little cousin Graham and I can't wait until you guys are playing together and he can learn from his super smart cousin.
I remember your birth like it was yesterday, it was a beautiful experience and it made me love you so instantly!
As you grow I am amzed by how smart you are, how sweet you are and how much love you have brought to our family!
Your parents are amazing and I hope that I am 1/2 as good as a mother as your mommy is!
I am excited to celebrate with you tonight and watch you open your presents!
I Love You,
Auntie Cole