We went downstairs for breakfast and I decided to make pancakes and eggs. Blair helped mix and I also let her use a butter knife to cut bananas for the topping. She did really well and liked the cutting. She ended up eating her scrambled eggs (yay!) but not much pancake... so it worked out pretty good!
She played trains while mommy cleaned up. Then when I joined her we made a city and she liked balancing the people on the cars for a ride. I also overheard her when a train crashed say, "don't worry, he'll save you" and the train kissed the other one's boo boo!
Next up was some Easter craft time. We are working on making some eggs to hang as garland on the stairs.
We went up to take a shower. She wanted to stay in to play more while I got ready and it worked out perfect. She loves to play in there with her baby Neptune doll. We have a hook for the water faucet down low so she likes to stand under it and get warm or she picks it up to play with it.
We did pigtails and it was very traumatic for her... she really hates getting it done. I swear I am so gentle but she says it hurts... I think those little hairs are just really sensitive and she will get more used to it as time goes on. It was a pretty big meltdown for a while afterwards.
When we came home we packed a picnic (or a pick pick as she calls it) in her wagon and went to the park for lunch. She really enjoyed it.
She kept looking at me so lovingly and she would just lean over and rub my leg. I love when she is just such a sweet girl. She shared with her baby too.
She chased a bird and checked out the benches and ran around before it was time to head home for a nap.
And by nap I mean playing in her room because she has decided she doesn't nap anymore. I was gone when she got up but Daddy sent me this picture. After nap she set up a pick pick for her and her friends and got play food for them. I guess we will be doing more pick picks in our future since she likes them so much!
Daddy also took her to the driving range. He chips and puts while she plays in the sandtrap.
We had some dinner and a little more playtime before it was time for an early bedtime since she didn't take a nap! We had a great day and she was a really sweet girl!
What a wonderful day! I'm so glad you have this time off to have some days like this together! Love, Mimi
ReplyDelete