Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome Home Baby Dos!

I went back and forth a lot about what I wanted to do in the nursery.  Many people said to leave it the same but I wanted this baby to have her own thing going on too!  In the end, everything I liked went with the same green and brown colors so it seemed silly to repaint (or I liked things that would mean repainting the brown and that did NOT seem like a good idea).  We updated the wall and window treatment though and I think it turned out really pretty and it has a uniqueness from what it was before.  We still need some pictures in the frames (we will put in her newborn pics) and when we FINALLY decide on a name we plan to hang large letters vertically in the corner by the flower arrangement.

Enter:

Wall over crib. Daddy and I hand-painted this mural and added faux flowers to give a 3D look.  We are really happy and, to be honest, impressed with our artistic abilities!



I just love how this area turned out.  I am so happy with the fabric choices we made.  Daddy and I made the cornice, I made the curtain (I LOVE the ruffles) and Mimi made the bench cover.  This picture does not do these beautiful fabrics justice!


Above the changer we switched out the pictures (and will add more) and we also made a headband hanger using a shelf and some hooks.  I also plan to add a letter on the shelf on the right side whenever we have a name to go with it!


This you definitely cannot see well in the picture but Mimi made this beautiful chocolate brown bedskirt that is all ruffles!  It is so pretty but hard to see through the slats and in the dark pic.  I also really love the sheets; the edges are different fabric than the top so it gives the illusion of bumpers without the safety hazard!



 It is all ready for a pretty precious baby!






2 comments:

  1. It turned out really cute! Love it and can't wait to meet this beautiful baby girl! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I see her bunny in the crib :) turned out super cute I love it!!

    ReplyDelete