Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5 Months

I think I say this every month (and probably will continue to do so) but the changes are crazy.  She has such a little personality and it is so much fun to play with her.  Here are some of the new things and updates for her this month:

1. She is really recognizing people.  She especially loves to see her daddy.  She will be eating now and she hears him so she pops off, turns her head and watches him with a smile.  It is one part cute and one part,
"hey get back to eating!"  I love when I come home from work and say hello to her and she gives me a big smile.  She really is such a happy baby and she loves to see people.

2. She is sitting up pretty good on her own.  She tips over or flings back sometimes so she doesn't play unattended sitting but she is really strong.  This has really increased her toy playing because she likes to have the toys while she is sitting to spin or hit buttons or try to chew on.  She actually reaches for things she wants now so it is not just whatever is put in front of her but she sees things and wants them... this is just the beginning I am sure as it will soon be screaming when she doesn't get what she wants :)

3.  She laughs!  I still wouldn't say it comes easily but she usually laughs at least once a day.  Sometimes the strangest things just tickle her and she just laughs and laughs.  It is the most glorious squeal ever!  She really has a funny laugh and we can't get enough.  We stop everything when we hear it and keep doing whatever it was that started it to try to hear it as much as possible.

4. She is sleeping in her own crib at night.  In her about 12 hours of sleep she wakes up twice to eat.  It isn't too bad but we are still hoping to get to only 1.  She is still swaddled and I go back and forth on if I care or not or if I want to get her out of it.

5.  She likes tummy time a LITTLE better now.  She pushes her arms up but not for very long.  She can't play well in this position so it doesn't last long unless someone is right there to entertain her (and of course we are!) and when she is done she will SOMETIMES roll over but most of the time she grunts until we feel bad for her and give her a little help.

6.  We started putting her in the stroller without her infant seat.  So she just faces forward and she seems to really like being able to see out.  The weather hasn't been great so we haven't gotten to go on too many walks but we will soon enough. 

She is such a wonderful and happy baby.  We feel very lucky for all the joy she brings us.  Pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. 5 months! Where has the time gone? I can't believe how little Miss Blair has enriched our whole families lives! She's touched all of our hearts and there is so much yet to come! I absolutely love watching her personality develop! She's so funny!

    ReplyDelete