Saturday, May 14, 2011

Obsessed!


I took Blair to Target tonight and she had her first experience sitting in a shopping cart (Thanks Jenn and Chris for the cool cover to keep mommy’s germaphobia at bay). She immediately smiled and looked all around when she got in. She has been so interested in looking all around lately and turns now to look at what she wants.

Ummm... hello man  hand!

She watched everything go by in the store and people of course looked at her and smiled. One lady just couldn’t get over what a BEAUTIFUL baby she was.



So obviously I am glowing proud of her and watching her take everything in. I went over to the clothes section so I could take a picture of us together. Sorry it is so lame but there were people around and this was the best I could get on the sly so that I didn’t look like the superfreak I am taking a picture of baby’s first shopping cart experience.






So we grabbed the few things I needed to pick up and, this is where it gets embarrassing, I actually thought about the checker I wanted to pick so that they could talk about how cute Blair is. Naturally I picked a female and I thought I was ok with this younger girl (maybe 20).  I knew I should probably pick someone a litter older but her line was long and evidently I do still pick efficiency over vanity. So we roll up in our cart and the following occurs:

Me: "Hello" … Blair gives a huge smile
My Thoughts: "oh yeah, here come the big ooohhs and ahhhs"
NOTHING!!!

My Thoughts: "Really lady, how can you not smile at that?"
Me: "Oh Blair, you think she is funny?" …Blair pulls her blanked up to her face like she is shy and gives a huge smile again
NOTHING!!!

My thoughts "what does a baby have to do to get some props around here. Does this girl like to punch puppies or what?"

I proceed to talk to Blair as Miss Personality McStoneHeart rings me out. I then contemplate returning everything just so I can go through another checkstand but I had to get home to get Jason’s dinner in the oven (I had eaten earlier by the way, he had a basketball game. I just wanted to clarify in case that statement sounded like it was 1943 and I make him dinner while I eat porridge in the maid’s quarters). So out we walk to the car and I tell Blair how adorable she is (she was feeling pretty self-conscious at this point) and what a wonderful baby she was. She really was SO good, never a peep (well except happy coos).
I would say I am borderline obsessed with her but that would be a lie… Up next I will be telling you about how we have entered her in her first beauty pageant and I can’t wait to get onto the pageant circuit because I just know she will win them all. Someone will stop me if I get carried away with her right?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am sitting here cracking up! What was wrong with that lady! Maybe you should call and complain!

    Love the pics! Especially the mirror one! Priceless! What a good baby she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just oooing and aaaing over here still by the way!! She is just perfect you guys and I want to punch the checker! Just sayin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I will stop you! That checker was obviously self-absorbed and possibly blind! Love your post! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete