Wednesday, June 20, 2012

18 Months

Blair you are a feisty little girl! You continue to amaze us with how smart you are and make us laugh every day!

 
Some information:


1. You have your doctor checkup later this week but I measured you at 27 pounds and 33 inches. You wear size 24 month and 2T clothing and a size 6 shoe!


no wonder you are so big, burrito lover!

2. You talk like crazy and your words are getting clearer. You can tell us what you want and it is really nice. You have a habit of repeating/yelling what you want 30 times in a row until you get it though. You are actually pretty understandable but of course have some of your own language that we find just adorable. Here are some of your "words":


            Strawberry: Straw-Boo

            Clock: you forget the l!

            Music: See-cah

            Open: Ip-Ee

            Pretty: Pitty, Pitty, Pitty (must be said 3 times)

            Outside: Owe-Sigh (although this one is getting better now)

Bless You: you are polite when people sneeze and say, Bess-OOO with a majorly cute emphasis on the You!

Turn: You say this great, just a lot and loudly!  We think you think it means, “NO GIVE IT TO ME NOW!”

Laptop: you have a play laptop you love and call: Yap-Op

Please: Peas

Wagon: Waggy

Drink: Geek

Close: Toes

Eat: deet

I am sure there are many more but these are just some very commonly used ones!



3. You are so sweet at times and so stubborn at others. We have had to start a few time-outs although you don't really get it yet and I have to try so hard not to laugh because you are so cute. I better learn to be immune to your smiles or I am in trouble!


4. You are getting more interested in the dogs and you like to chase them around and unfortunately, hit them with your toys. You call them Peh-Ee and Sin-Son, Daddy and I think Sin-Son is especially adorable when you say it and we call him that now too!


5. You are LOVING music. You always ask for the "See-cah" in the car and you get so mad if it isn't turned on instantly! It is nice though because it keeps you happy and you used to hate riding in the car but I guess this makes in bearable for you. You "sing" a few songs, ABCs is "Ahh, ehh, ooo," Old McDonald is "eeh-I, eeh-I" and Row Row Row your boat is, "row, row boat." You still love for us to sing Wheels on the Bus and If You're Happy and you Know it. We start music class this week and I think you are going to LOVE it!


6. You still love to read and we are even starting to read non-board books that are longer (Mommy is enjoying the new stuff). We always read and sing before bed together and I absolutely love it! You ask for books all the time and bring them to us. At library story time you yell, "Book" even if it isn't time yet and as soon as they put the book away.


7. You have some stranger anxiety/shyness but it isn't too bad. Mommy likes it a little because you get all cuddly up with me and I love that time! You warm up to people pretty quickly though once they are around for a few minutes and you still love the MEN!


8. You are getting some hair in. It is completely unruly and I can't do anything with it. When there is any wind or if you run, it blows up like a bad toupee on the top. We call it "The Trump"

see the resemblance( I wish I had a better picture of it really going!):

From the back with bed head:


9. You are quite bossy.  You will tell whoever you want to “Sit” and “Play” and you will grab our hand and yell “pull” until we come with you. 

10. As was before, your animal sounds and body part naming is top notch.  You are getting pretty good with your colors.  You can mostly point to the right one if I ask for “the red ball” but you still have trouble with “what color is this?”  Yellow and green seem to be your favorite to say no matter what color it is.  You are actually really good with pink too but struggle with Red and Orange.  You know 3 shapes most of the time, circle, heart, and star.  We need to work on your numbers.  You can count “Two!” and by that I don’t mean up to two I mean you actually only say the number 2… ever!  It is quite funny.

We love you Blair Bear!

1 comment:

  1. Such a big girl now and so funny and just a joy to be around! I love you too little Bear!

    ReplyDelete