Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4 Months

I was just organizing pictures right now and created the "Month 5" folder in disbelief.  It is weird now when people ask how old she is and I say 4 months I don't get the "ahhhhh" reaction like you do with an infant... I guess now we are considered seasoned parents and there is no sympathy for the sleepless nights and worrying we have (some days I still feel like I don't know what I am doing).  I guess we just have to get used to it because we have the rest of our lives to have new struggles each week but also new joys as she learns and achieves more and more!  She is too much fun and brings so much joy to our world!

Things from her fourth month:

  • She laughed!  I think I waited for this the most of anything.  I love laughter and Jason and I love to have fun so I just couldn't wait to see what she would look like and sound like when she was super happy and it really is pure joy.  She doesn't do it a lot but she does it sometimes and I am willing to work as hard as I need to in order to get her to do it... although I guess it is the dogs that she likes the most!
  • She actually "plays" with toys now as she reaches out for them and pushes buttons and pulls on things.  She still doesn't have the knowledge that when she pushes buttons that is what makes the sound but she enjoys them none the less.  She loves to be played with and likes sounds a lot.  She will sit still for a book or two in the rocker as well.
  • She is still a beast of a child weighing in at 16 pounds 2 ounces (92 percentile) and 25.5 inches (88 percentile) with a 16.5 inch head (74 percentile) so I guess her head isn't as big as it looks, it is just the lack of hair that makes daddy call her pumpkin head, haha.  Her weight to height ratio is in the 70th percentile so I was happy to hear that she is healthy but not getting too chunky. 
  • She gets to have all day on Wednesdays with Grammy and she sees Auntie Janae for two afternoons a week so that daddy can get some work done.  We think she really likes it too since she likes to be out and about and see new things.  Plus, Grammy and Papa are slowly creating baby haven at their house with all the toys so who wouldn't want to be there. 
  • She got her shots again at her 4 month checkup (terrible) and we think they injected her with a voice.  As soon as she got the shots she started to scream at us.  Not a cry scream but just like she was yelling at us and she hasn't stopped since.  She has really found her voice.  At first it was funny and cute but now it can be a bit embarrassing in public.  She isn't really crying or upset but just wants to scream!

Here are some random pictures from this month:








2 comments:

  1. 4 months! Wow it's gone so fast!
    It's been a wonderful time watching her become her own little person. I love the personality that's developing! I've loved every minute I've spent with her and we are all so lucky to have her in our life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to say I love all the pictures especially the big smile and the one in her stroller with the sunglasses! Too cool for school! :)

    ReplyDelete