Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Day in the Life: Thursday, February 24th, 2011

Hi Fans!  This is Blair and I figured periodically I will detail what I do all day.  Here is one of my last days with my stay at home mommy :(  BTW, aren't I so advanced for my age to be writing this for you?!

2:55 am: I woke up after about 6 hours of sleep for my middle of the night feeding.  As usual I ate well and went back to bed...  It is so nice, I am sure mom loves waking up in the middle of the night too and is able to fall right back asleep like me!

7:26: I woke up a little bit earlier for the day since I didn't sleep as long for my first feeding.  Hey when I am done sleeping, I am done!  I was pretty hungry so I ate right away and then Mom and I played for a while and I was really happy and smiling.

8:32: We go wake up dad so that he can play with me while mom takes a shower since we are going to mommy and me group.  I plays with dad and then mom changes me into my clothes which I hate because mom is really bad at getting the onesie over my head and I prefer to be naked.

9:15: I am super tired so my nice mommy thinks to put me in my carseat and the carseat then fits onto a swing so that I can go ahead and go to sleep and I won't have to be interrupted when we leave. 

9: 32: We leave for mommy and me group.

10:00: Mommy and me group starts.  On mom's turn she shares that I have been sleeping well (6-8 hours) at night but that she is sad that she has to go back to work on Monday.  While everyone says it will be fine mom can't help but think, "like you would know, you are all stay at home moms" but there are actually a few that work or will also go back to work and they share some tips.  Isn't it cool how I can read mom's mind!  Also, I am totally going to not sleep tonight since she bragged about me!  It was my best ever at group today.  I ate really well (usually I scream when mom tries to feed me there, making her look like mommy of the year) and watched the other babies play.  It will be fun when we go back this summer and I can roll around with the other 6-8 month olds.  Mom finally remembered that this post would be more fun with pictures but I was already tired and having some paci time.  You would like she would get her act together and get me at my best!
11:55: we leave mommy and me group and mom stops to get a yummy burrito.  She doesn't want to eat there in case I decide to wake up (I had already fallen asleep just on the walk to the car) so she got it to go.  The nice Mexican lady that worked there asked to see me and she said some stuff in Spanish that mom couldn't understand (embarrassing, didn't she study Spanish for like 8 years?) but it seemed to be something about me being adorable... um duh! 

12:30 or so: We arrive home and I am still sleeping so she puts me in the carseat swing again.  This has been really nice to be able to extend a car ride nap:

2:00: I wake up and mommy is gone at the dentist so dad feeds me a bottle and mommy arrives home during this time.


2:30: Mom has to get some work done in preparation for school next week (boo!) so dad and I have some fun time.  I like to sit in the bouncy seat and watch them act like goobers as we sing and dance.  If I smile they do it more and I really just to it to see how stupid I can get them to look!  Mom may have looked up a FEW times from grading to watch my cuteness!









4:30: Dad feeds me another bottle and continues playing with some tummy time:


5:20 I get sick of tummy time and mom stops work to come play with me

We do some jumping on mom's cool trampoline tummy!




5:50-6:30 or so: Papa arrives to play with me but I am now a super cranky girl.  Finally mom realizes that I probably just want some nursing time with her and we hold hands while I eat:

Then we leave for daddy's basketball game!

7:10: I watch all of daddy's basketball game without a single sound of disagreement.  I even let out a few happy screams for cheers.  Papa held me the whole time and I was so comfy just chillin' on his lap watching the action! Dad's team won too!







8:35: We arrive home and I get my bath (the bedtime routine).  Mom and Dad let me be naked for a while.  They said it is to dry out but I know they let me do it because I love it and give them lots of smiles if I get to stay in the buff!




8:50 Mom nurses me and off to sleep I go snuggling in her arms like the little angel I am.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE love love this post, Blair! I can't believe just how smart you are. How sweet of you to hold Mommies hand while you nurse before Daddy's basketball game (thanks for making me well up!)! I am sure your mommy enjoys this time just as much as you do! You're also really getting stronger, holding your head up so good, keep it up! Love & Miss you ~ Auntie Jen

    PS - extending the car ride naps sounds like a wonderful tool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post little Miss Blair; your vocabulary is coming right along; I'm sure your grammer will get better as you get older. Hahaha just kidding Danielle! :)

    Love you all and thanks for keeping us entertained with your posts!

    ReplyDelete