Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Racer car shopping

Yesterday instead of a normal walk around the neighborhood I decided that we would walk to Target instead.  It is nice that we live close enough to be able to do this (Petsmart, Home Depot and Staples too) and I can see her wanting to walk to Target when she is older like I used to love walking to Wal-Mart.  Anyway, Jason and I took her and the dogs.  We went a little offroading as a shortcut but I think she liked it because she was sleeping when we got through it. 

When she is in her stroller, she does good if you are moving, she likes the bumps.  But if you stop.... so help you, instant screaming!  So she is fine on the way there because there are lots of bumps on the sidewalk but when we get into the store, it is too smooth and she starts to stir.  So here I am trying to shop (Jason was outside with the dogs) and I am practically running around the store weaving in and out of aisles so that she is satisfied with the movement.  At one point I was looking at picture frames and I was just doing quick laps around the same aisle so that I could get a look at the frames over and over without stoping (I did find one).  I would have made such a good contestant on supermarket sweep, I can totally shop now without ever stopping the cart.

The problem arises when I reach the checkout.  You see, people look at me crazy enough when I am running around the store but there is just no good way to do laps around the check stand so instead I have to push the stroller violently back and forth the entire time I am in line and paying.  If she starts to fuss I start to get all hot and sweaty as people start to stare... I am going to have to get over that I guess.

So far the only meltdown we have had was in the costco frozen food aisle when she was 4 weeks old and I was alone.  Its cool, I was planning on spending a good 15 minutes standing in the way of everyone in front of the taquitos rocking her anyway.  I couldn't move the cart one handed (I had taken her out of her carseat) because the cart was too heavy.  Finally I slowly inched my way to the back corner and consoled her enough to put her back in while I got the moby wrap on and we made a mad dash out of there. 

Here are some recent pictures:

hanging out on Grammy

Bubble bath time!

The crazy ladies (mom and grammy) trying to get me to smile

Dad is feeding me a bottle sometimes now.

4 comments:

  1. HAHA I can totally picture you running around the store and you used to LOVE supermarket sweep!! Such a little drama queen miss Blair is huh!

    Hoping to be healthy again soon so I can see her cute little face!

    ~Auntie Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I LOVE the bath picture! She looks alot like Daddy there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recent pictures, but it only makes me miss her more!! She has such beautiful big eyes!

    I think Auntie Nicole needs to give her a pep talk about how to behave in the stroller! LOL ;)

    ~ Auntie Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Browsing the frames over and over sounds hysterical, I'm sure someone was lurking and laughing! She will become a better shopper, I guarantee it! Love, Mom (Grammy)

    ReplyDelete